Position: Consultancy (Click to download TOR)
Purpose of Position: The objective of this consultancy is to conduct an impact evaluation of the Roving Care Givers Program (RCG). The evaluation should examine the effects that RCG has had on its beneficiaries, both the targeted children (0-3 years old) and the parents of those children as well, and specifically analyse if the program beneficiaries are any more developed in the areas listed below, than their counterparts who were not part of the program.
Duty Station: Belize Contract Term: 7 months (June 2018)
Qualifications and Competencies:
The suitable consultant/lead consultant should possess a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Science or related field and experience working with ECD or similar projects, and demonstrate the combined skill sets below (as an individual or among a team):
- At least seven years of experience in quantitative analysis, especially pertaining to statistical analysis of poverty indicators and skills in creating and maintaining statistical databases;
- Previous proven experience in social programmes/social protection evaluation
- Extensive experience using household survey data;
- Advanced experience with relevant statistical software;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required;
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team research process.
Qualified consultants/firms are invited to submit one copy of their combined financial and technical proposal by email to this address email@example.com by 5pm Monday the 4th of June, 2018. Please use the subject “Ref #: RCG Impact Evaluation”.
The technical proposals should contain sufficient information to attest that the consulting team/firm possess sufficient academic and professional experience in line with the requirements of this TOR. In addition, the technical proposal should contain the detailed methodology the consulting team/firm proposes to employ will be able meet the objectives of this assignment.
Position: Assistant Project Coordinator, Youth RISE Project (Click to download Assistant Project Coordinator TOR)
Duty Station: Cayo District
Purpose of position: The Assistant Project Coordinator (APCs) will be required to coordinate and integrate the services provided by participating Agencies (PAs) in San Ignacio/Santa Elena and assist GOBZ in improving social service delivery outcomes through mechanisms of community participation and the effective integration of gender equality considerations.
Qualifications & Experience:
The APCs should possess the following minimum qualifications:
(a) Associate Degree in Social Work, Education or Social Science;
(b) A minimum of two years’ experience working with at-risk youth and families; and
(c) Strong spoken and written communication skills and fluency in the English language. Knowledge of Spanish and local dialects would be an asset.
(d) Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest and their CV/ resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
cc: email@example.com Deadline for submission of applications is June 15th, 2018. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.Position: Counselor (Click to download Counselor TOR)
Purpose of position: To provide a range of therapeutic counselling services to adolescents and their families within juvenile rehabilitation facilities, those at risk of entering the juvenile justice system and support reintegration and aftercare interventions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Duty station: The Counselor will be expected to work with the Belize City Community Counselling Centre, Youth Hostel, National Youth Cadet Service Corps and Wagner’s Youth Facility and, would be expected to travel to various districts, from time to time, as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Clinical Social Work with at least two (2) years’ experience in clinical practice
* Direct practice experience in working with children and adolescents
* Bilingual in English and Spanish would be an asset
* Ability to drive would be an asset
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed or dropped off at
Community Rehabilitation Dept.,
54 Freetown Rd., Belize City.