Literacy Coach/Teacher (2) - YCT Project
Purpose of Position: To facilitate learning to at-risk and/or out-of-school youth, ages 5 to 18, in interventional and remedial education classes. The successful candidates will be employed as a consultant on a contractual basis for a period of one (1) year initially and renewable, based on a satisfactory performance appraisal.
Duty Station: Belize City. The Literacy Coach/Teacher will be supervised by the Director of the Organization where he/she is placed.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum academic degree: Associate in Primary Education
* Training in Pedagogy and Andragogy
* Minimum of five (5) years teaching in a classroom at the primary school level;
* Experience in teaching adolescence and adults
* Strong spoken and written communication skills and fluency in the English language;
* Knowledge of Spanish and local dialects would be an asset.
Deadline for submission of applications is October 26th, 2018. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants must submit a letter of interest, a CV and two recent letters of recommendation to:
Youth and Community Transformation Project
110 Cemetery Rd.,
Belize City, BELIZE
or email the full application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of position: To provide a range of therapeutic counselling services to adolescents and their families within juvenile rehabilitation facilities, those at risk of entering the juvenile justice system and support reintegration and aftercare interventions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Duty station: The Counselor will be expected to work with the Belize City Community Counselling Centre, Youth Hostel, Belize Youth Challenge, and Wagner’s Youth Facility and, would be expected to travel to various districts, from time to time, as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Clinical Social Work with at least two (2) years’ experience in clinical practice
* Direct practice experience in working with children and adolescents
* Bilingual in English and Spanish would be an asset
* Ability to drive would be an asset
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed or dropped off at
Community Rehabilitation Dept.,
54 Freetown Rd., Belize City.